At the Training 2019 Conference in February, we heard first-hand from Sales Managers that their priority is to warm up-prospects and create personal connections right at the beginning of the sales cycle. They were used to training that focus primarily on customer interactions. We surprised them when we suggested they start with internal storytelling training.
Internal storytelling explores a salesperson's connection to his or her product through a personal story. That story will create an entirely new basis on which to relate to customers, including:
1. having more empathy
2. listening more acutely
3. responding with genuine experiences of one's own
4. laying a foundation of trust
Jerome Deroy will explain the essential steps in internal storytelling training, including:
• Discovery: find an emotional theme that connects customers to your service or product
• Listening: learn interviews skills to confirm that your prospect experiences that theme
• Agile storytelling: tell a story of your own that relates to your customer's experience
Jerome will use two recent profiles of salespeople we’ve worked with as the basis of his presentation.