We’ve all been there—you’ve put out a big fire, so you pat yourself on the back—but is the work really done? Just because the client is up and running doesn’t mean the issue won’t happen again! You need a long-lasting solution.
In IT, we tend to be reactionary. One of the best things we can do to turn this reactive response into a positive proactive result is to complete Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on major incidents. Performing RCA will help you resolve the cause of the issue, rather than only addressing the symptoms. In this session, Michael Brown, Engineering Technical Director, and Steve Petryschuk, Technology Advocate, will discuss:
• Why you need to conduct RCAs, including what level of incident warrants a RCA,
• What the benefits are for you and your customers,
• How to get started with a RCA process,
• How to mature your RCA process if you already have one,
• How Auvik’s network monitoring and management software can help you with an RCA for network related issues.