Asia holds 9 of the world’s 15 fastest growing economies and the Energy industry will play a central role in the development of these economies. Asia will be the largest energy consumers over the next 25 years, and many investors seeking high returns have already begun screening opportunities there as historically profitable geographies such as the US and the North Sea are becoming less economic in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic and the oil price war. But does Asia’s Energy industry offer the frameworks and sufficient profitability to attract PE investment?
• How do PE funds identify attractive investment vehicles and which M&A and JV opportunities could prove lucrative?
• Will Asian NOCs partner with PE funds to capitalise on the low price environment and fill gaps in their portfolio?
• PE investment models: capital growth vs. dividend income
• Will investors be willing to undergo longer term investment cycles?
• What impact will the lack of ESG policies in Asian countries have on investment criteria?