6.30pm, Tue 15th Dec
ADVICE TO HELP YOU SEARCH SMARTER & DIG DEEPER!
The internet is a rich resource for the family historian. It’s possible to begin by building your tree with the basic information such as births, marriages, deaths and parish register entries as well as censuses but equally important is the opportunity to find all the fascinating background and extra information which bring those basic details to life!
Professional genealogist Mary Evans is sometimes called in to work on some of the celebrity cases on the TV show Who Do You Think You Are? to help unlock the clues and piece together the stories of the celebrities' family history. In her webinar on 15th December, she'll show you useful family history websites and web search tips covering:
1. What resources are there on the internet?
2. Some quick hints and tips for using these resources.
3. Using the internet for the basic building blocks of your tree.
4. Websites which add all the extra details so that your ancestors are not just names and dates but real people.
5. A search engine can turn up the most fascinating and unexpected information!
The talk will be hosted on Zoom and begin at 6.30pm on Tuesday 15th December. It will last an hour, followed by time for questions.
Tickets cost £10.
(Follow the PayPal link to pay by either PayPal or Card)
About the presenter
Mary Evans has been researching her family tree for more than 40 years, has contributed to research on TV series 'Who Do You Think You Are?' and Julian Fellowes' Great Houses'. Mary is a regular contributor to Family Tree.
Any queries, please email email@example.com