Engineers designing roads are familiar with the phrase “Measure twice, cut once”. With the Road Safety Tools in Civil Site Design we can apply tools to efficiently produce a safer design and immediately view the affects of design decisions.
Once completed, the graphical interface can be used for public consultation, client and stake holder feedback, and as rationale for consideration by a decision maker in a project work flow.
This webinar will cover the creation and use of road design guidance tools such as:
- Applying a Speed Table to your Alignment.
- Vertical Curve warnings in the VGE.
- Warnings and fixing Vertical Curves in the Grid Editor.
- Minimum Radius of bends.
- Maximum Superelevation warnings.
- Setup a Sight Distance check table.
- Apply the Sight Distance check to overtaking Line Marking.
- Literally view the Sight Distance in the model with the Planar Sight Distance Check
- View the Sight Distance Report.
- Check Sight Distance at Intersections.
- Introduce local visibility obstructions using Extrusions.
- Review the design in the Road Safety Report.
This webcast will be presented on Civil Site Design Plus