Develop your knowledge and skills in recognising death and the process of confirming death.
The confirmation and subsequent management of a death needs to be handled with care and understanding and is only permissible by a registered nurse if local protocols are in force. The evidence based clinical session will form the basis of the training to assure that each candidate is aware of their accountability and obligations when performing this task.
Please note: A competency framework is included with this webinar training. Competency is achieved in the workplace following the webinar. Each procedure needs to be signed off by a qualified, senior member of staff. Acute will not assume any responsibility for such assessments.
Skills and knowledge highlighted in this training include
• Background of nurse verification
• Terminology including certification, confirmation and expected death
• Diagnosis and recognition of death
• Resuscitation or non resuscitation
• Coroner / referral
• Confirmation procedure
• Accountability, equality and diversity
• Documentation including evidence of competency