This webinar has been designed for staff wanting to update both their theory and practical skills in catheterisation. By the end of the course attendees will be familiar with reasons for
catheterisation, the equipment selection and the processes involved.
Please note: A competency framework is included with this webinar training. Competency is achieved in the workplace following the webinar. Each procedure needs to be signed off by a qualified, senior member of staff. Acute will not assume any responsibility for such assessments. The completed document can then be used to identify the individuals’ competence.
Skills and knowledge highlighted in this training include
• Definitions and methods of catheterisation
• Understand the advantages and risks of urethral and suprapubic catheterisation
• Indications for urethral and suprapubic catheterisation
• Contraindications to catheterisation Urological anatomy and physiology male and female
• Post procedure catheter positioning
• Post procedure check list
• Daily care of catheter systems including record keeping
• Male and/or female and/or supra pubic catheterisation procedure (theory session)
• Ethical and legal responsibilities
Webinar sessions may be recorded for training and monitoring/evaluation purposes. Acute Training Solutions Limited (Acute) reserve the right to use any session in full or part in the future.
The webinar session will not record any video footage of the attendees, it will only record audio. Any reference to an attendee will be by name only, no other data will be used to identify any individuals other than an employee or representative of Acute.
Please advise an Acute representative at the time of booking if you do not agree for you or your colleagues for whom the session has been booked, to be recorded and this function will be
Acute also reserve the right to delete any webinar recordings at any time.