WordPress is the most popular content management system in the world. And while it provides a pleasant content management experience, it also comes with some development and site speed issues, including:
* Security - because it’s the most popular content management system in the world, hackers work hard to find and exploit security holes in WordPress sites
* Performance - through a combination of legacy code, community plugins, and other challenges, WordPress sites can easily become slow to load.
* Scale - if a WordPress site suddenly becomes very popular (a great thing!) it can overload servers and cause the website to go down (a not-so-great thing!) without complex scaling techniques.
* Cost - a WordPress site requires always-on hosting, and specialized hosting can be expensive. Adding support to handle massive scale adds significant cost, too.
The JAMstack can help solve these issues.
In this webinar, Jason Lengstorf will walk you step-by-step through the process of turning your Wordpress website into a static JAMstack website with a Wordpress backend so that you can keep the convenience of using WordPress’s custom backend for creating and editing content while also avoiding some of WordPress’s biggest downsides.
* How to set Wordpress up to be a headless CMS
* How to configure a static site generator for your site
* How to connect your site to Netlify
* How to overcome some of the specific challenges within this process
* And more!