Join us on Tuesday, November 24th at 7pm ET (4pm PT) for this free webinar where our panel of distinguished educators and librarians—Karen Gavigan, Christina Taylor, Kat Kan, Esther Keller—will discuss how the comics medium works and why it has become so popular, particularly amongst younger readers. They’ll answer the questions librarians and educators frequently have about comics, as well as those asked by parents who don’t believe comics count as ‘real” reading.
* What are the differences between comics, manga, and graphic novels?
* How do I select age-appropriate titles for my library or classroom?
* Where should comics, manga, and graphic novels be shelved?
* What's more effective: Dewey or Library of Congress?
* What do you say to parents who don’t want their children reading comics?
The 60-minute presentation will be moderated by LibraryPass’ John Shableski, and include a live Q&A segment where our panelists will answer attendees’ specific questions submitted via the registration form and during the session.