Welcome to Green Bonds 101: Financial Advantages for Municipal Utilities Webinar.
This Webinar is the 1st of a series designed to inform and assist municipal finance and policy leaders in California and other US states in the benefits of green bond issuance.
This initial session is intended to provide an overview of green bonds: what they are, green labelling & designations, benefits, best practice and how they are being used by California municipal utilities.
The overall series is being supported by the California Green Bond Market Development Committee, California Municipal Utilities Association, (CMUA) Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) & Climate Bonds Initiative.
Green Bonds 101: Financial Advantages for US Municipal Utilities
Date: 10 November 2020
Time: 11am Pacific | 2pm Eastern | 7pm London
- Barry Moline, Executive Director, California Municipal Utilities Association
- Tim Schaefer, Deputy California Treasurer & Member, Climate Bonds Standards Board
- Monica Reid, CEO and Founder, Kestrel Verifiers
- Russell Mills, Director of Risk Management & Treasurer, Sacramento Municipal Utility District
- Mike Brown, Environmental Finance Manager. San Francisco Public Utilities Commission
Coming up: Two subsequent webinars to provide more detail on green bond issuance for a water, transport and energy utilities and related matters including certification, verification and reporting.