Skills and knowledge highlighted in this training include
• Define the terms equality and diversity
• The benefits and key concepts of diversity together with it’s principles
• The current legislative framework around equalities legislation
• Positive action and why it is an important recruitment tool
• The responsibilities regarding equality and diversity
• Differentiate between an individual’s rights and responsibilities in relation to equality and diversity
• Values and beliefs that underpin human diversity
• Prejudice and stereotyping resulting negative effects
• The factors upon which discrimination can be based and differentiate between direct and indirect discrimination
• Definitions and examples of harassment and victimisation
• Illustration of ways in which discrimination can be minimised and identify situations where it is acceptable
• Acts of law that serve to maintain equality and ensure the acceptability of human diversity
• Human rights depicted in the 1998 Human Rights Act
Webinar sessions may be recorded for training and monitoring/evaluation purposes. Acute Training Solutions Limited (Acute) reserve the right to use any session in full or part in the future.
The webinar session will not record any video footage of the attendees, it will only record audio. Any reference to an attendee will be by name only, no other data will be used to identify any individuals other than an employee or representative of Acute.
Please advise an Acute representative at the time of booking if you do not agree for you or your colleagues for whom the session has been booked, to be recorded and this function will be switched off.
Acute also reserve the right to delete any webinar recordings at any time.