EMBO | IndiaBioscience Online Seminars
EMBO and IndiaBioscience have joined efforts to bring to the scientific community in India online seminars to update and practice soft skills, which include communication, grant writing, publishing and scientific integrity. We launched this initiative in April 2020.
EMBO | IndiaBioscience Grant Writing Workshop
In this Grant Writing workshop, we set forth to impart to Young Investigators (those within 8 years of starting an independent research group) the skills required to write a successful grant proposal. This webinar is on 'Fundamentals of Writing Effective Grant Proposals' and is a component of the workshop that is open to the public- only registration is needed for attendance.
Through the exploration of theory & examples, this webinar aims to help participants (to):
• understand different types of grants (personal- vs. project-affiliated, collaborations, starter vs. consolidator) and how the type of grant can affect selection criteria
• develop a competitive research plan (operationalizing research questions, and aligning goals and work packages into a coherent story)
• structure the research project in a more "fundable" way (feasibility, milestones, contingency plans, preliminary data)
• understand and respond effectively to typical parts of a grant application (visualizability, conciseness, opportune repetition)
• assess one’s own proposal like a grant reviewer