Online tutor led live webinar training session for your professional development.
Staff who have a responsibility of caring for vulnerable children and young people need to understand the processes which aim to protect those service users. It is vitally important that staff understand the issues and know how to deal with them should they arise.
This webinar is designed for all child care practitioners who require an awareness of safeguarding and need to understand what to do should they be concerned or are aware of a safeguarding issue.
Skills and knowledge highlighted in this training include
• Definition of a child and young person
• Understanding what is abuse
• Recognising acts, signs and symptoms of abuse
• Types of abuse (neglect, sexual, physical, emotional and psychological)
• How to safeguard individuals from abuse
• Radicalisation - definition, warning signs and preventative measures
• What to do should you have a concern
• How to respond to an individual should they disclose a concern
Webinar sessions may be recorded for training and monitoring/evaluation purposes. Acute Training Solutions Limited (Acute) reserve the right to use any session in full or part in the future. The webinar session will not record any video footage of the attendees, it will only record audio. Any reference to an attendee will be by name only, no other data will be used to identify any individuals other than an employee or representative of Acute.
Please advise an Acute representative at the time of booking if you do not agree for you or your colleagues for whom the session has been booked, to be recorded and this function will be switched off.
Acute also reserve the right to delete any webinar recordings at any time.