Health plans have developed HIPAA Privacy and Security compliance programs for almost 20 years. But this year plan sponsors face unique challenges because of increased HIPAA enforcement efforts and new guidance as to how COVID-19 affects the obligations of HIPAA covered entities. In addition, the risk of a security breach is greater than ever, due to increased reliance on mobile devices and remote work during the pandemic. In this webinar, you’ll review the basics of HIPAA’s privacy and security rules for health plan sponsors, learn about ongoing enforcement efforts from the Department of Health and Human Services’ Office for Civil Rights, and hear about how some of the rules have changed in light of COVID-19.
The topics covered include:
• How health plans can use Protected Health Information for Treatment, Payment and Health Care Operations purposes;
• Adopting privacy policies and procedures and training as a key to HIPAA compliance;
• When security assessments need to be conducted and what are the red flags to be aware of;
• COVID-19 special guidance for sharing information; and
• Enforcement initiatives by HHS, including discussion of recent breaches