In our first session we will be focusing on the challenges and current efforts being made to achieve by year 2030 the United Nations’ 9th SDG, which is interconnected by three pillars: infrastructure, industry and innovation. To achieve this goal, it will require us to overcome resource constraints, build and strengthen the country's capacities, and explore innovative ways to solve development challenges, in order to build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialisation and foster innovation.
• Global link: How can Angola integrate into global value chains, and how can the UK support this through a growing trading relationship
• Diversification – a myth or fact? How to effectively diversify the local economy
• How to support domestic technology development, research and innovation?
• What are the next challenges of ensuring a conducive policy environment for, inter alia, industrial diversification and value addition to commodities?
• Show me the money! – if you were to invest today, which sector would it be?
• Moderator: Rui Oliveira, Founder of ASC;
• UK Minister Graham Stuart MP;
• AO Minister Ricardo Abreu;
• HM Ambassador to Angola, Jessica Hand;
• Jean Craven, CEO & Co-founder of Barack Fund Management;
• Antonio Nunes, CEO of Angola Cables.