Skills and knowledge highlighted in this training include
• Introduction to colostomy care
• Types of colostomies, ascending, transverse, descending and sigmoid
• About the stoma
• How colostomy affects work, social life, clothing, showering, bathing, exercise, travel, sexual life and diet
• How diet can control excessive gas, odour, diarrhoea and constipation
• Medicines and your colostomy
• Selecting appropriate colostomy bag
• Assessing the stoma and skin
• When to call a doctor
Webinar sessions may be recorded for training and monitoring/evaluation purposes. Acute Training Solutions Limited (Acute) reserve the right to use any session in full or part in the future.
The webinar session will not record any video footage of the attendees, it will only record audio. Any reference to an attendee will be by name only, no other data will be used to identify any individuals other than an employee or representative of Acute.
Please advise an Acute representative at the time of booking if you do not agree for you or your colleagues for whom the session has been booked, to be recorded and this function will be switched off.
Acute also reserve the right to delete any webinar recordings at any time.