With technologies like robotics, AI, virtual reality, blockchain and the internet of things now a reality, what are the possibilities in health tech, where are the future opportunities, who will want to invest in them and how do you convert a thought bubble into the next big thing?
Our panel of industry insiders will give you an investor’s eye view of the digital health landscape and practical advice to help you translate your big idea into action.
The panel will discuss:
- What the post-COVID-19 landscape looks like and the opportunity this presents for digital health innovators, entrepreneurs, and start-ups.
- Who actually owns potential ‘bright ideas’ (is it the employee or employer, the student or their university?) and how to protect them.
- What terms like intellectual property, patent and commercialisation mean, and why understanding these is important.
- Where to go for advice, who to trust and what support is available for newcomers to the innovation and tech scene.
- How to pitch products or ideas to venture capitalists, when to do it and the best ways to find and connect with potential clients, end users, investors, and mentors.
- What venture capitalists are really looking for (is it all about potential profitability?).
- Future predictions and emerging trends for the next 20 years.
Dr Terry Sweeney CMG: CEO at Digital Health CRC and with over 22 years global experience, Terry is recognised as a thought leader in digital health.
Ken Saman: Digital Health entrepreneur and CEO of Personify Care (an organisation that enables health services to rapidly convert proven clinical protocols into seamless digital patient experiences).
Dr Louise Schaper: CEO of the Australasian Institute of Digital Health and Partner at Healthcare Ventures who is on a mission to fix healthcare.
Michelle Perugini: has a PhD in Medicine, and is now Co-Founder and CEO of Presagen, an AI healthtech scaleup.