This webinar is designed for nurses who want to enhance their IV therapy knowledge and skills including administration of intravenous medication as part of their clinical practice updates. On successful completion students will be awarded a certificate of attendance and are required to gain competency under clinical supervision within their own workplace.
Prerequisite: Nurses should be qualified, trained and competent in safe administration of medication and IV Cannulation prior to attending IV Drug Therapy training.
Please note: A competency framework is included in this training. Competency is achieved in the workplace following the training. Each procedure needs to be signed off by a qualified, senior member of staff. The completed document can then be used to identify the individuals’ competence.
This course covers such topics as:
• Legal and professional aspects of IV therapy and IV Cannulation
• Infection control aspects of IV therapy
• Pharmacological aspects of IV therapy
• Pharmacological aspects of IV fluid therapy
• Mathematical aspects of IV therapy
• Drug calculation challenge - confidence with your numbers
• Flushing of cannulae