This webinar covers all aspects of insulin and blood glucose monitoring, ideal for those whether directly or indirectly responsible for the welfare of people with diabetes.
How to recognise the signs, symptoms and complications of diabetes and irregular blood glucose levels form the basis of this webinar. Testing procedures and effective management techniques are also covered to build knowledge and confidence in staff when supporting and caring for those living with diabetes.
Please note: A competency framework is included with this webinar training. Competency is achieved in the workplace following the webinar. Each procedure needs to be signed off by a qualified, senior member of staff. Acute will not assume any responsibility for such assessments.
Skills and knowledge highlighted in this training include
• What is diabetes?
• All aspects of diabetes
• The short and long term effects of diabetes
• Diet (food & diabetes)
• Weight management
• Physical activity
• Insulin administration and blood testing
• Legal aspects of giving or supervising injections
• Monitoring and the impacts of diabetes
• Ensure staff within care, residential & nursing homes feel confident about managing clients with diabetes