2021 started off with more aircraft accidents than in the past and many questions have been asked as to why this is happening. Now is the time to discuss ways to prevent accidents and to ensure mental fitness prior to taking flight, ensuring all safety measures are in place for your flight. When Covid-19 hit the globe more than a year ago, the Safety First Aviator Team kicked off their 2020/2021 campaign of "Prop Clear".
Covid-19 brought about a lot of uncertainty, stress, anxiety, and fatigue during various lockdowns, and issued also arose due to a lack in competencies, grounded aircraft , maintenance and support issues. Everything is a bit Rusty.
So, what now? How do we as Pilots make a difference? Resilience through Compliance!
Join us for this informative webinar where our speakers Cobus Toerien (ALPA-SA), Santjie White (South African Search and Rescue), Lauren Smith (South African Weather Service) and Keith Cunningham (MayDay-SA) will delve into the challenges, solutions to give pilots guidance on the elements of this perfect storm and how weather the storm. Franz Smit, from Pilot Insure will moderate the webinar.
Some points that will be discussed:
- My Safety Culture
- My 'Rules and Regulations' for Safe Flight
- Mental fitness and Wellbeing during and after the Perfect Storm
- ARCC Tips for combatting the Covid-19 storm
- What is resilience for aviators?
- How I can build/improve my own resilience (8steps)
- Seasonal Weather outlook and discussion of weather systems