Save the Children, in partnership with the Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists & Democrats in the European Parliament, are pleased to invite you to the launch of the report "Guaranteeing Children's Future - How to End Child Poverty and Social Exclusion in Europe".
Co-hosted by MEP Brando Benifei, the event will take place on Wednesday, 27 October 2021, 16h-18h (CET).
16:00 -16:40 Opening remarks and presentation of the report
• MEP Brando Benifei, S&D (Italy)
• Andres Conde, CEO, Save the Children (Spain)
• MEP Iratxe Garcia Perez, President of the S&D Group (Spain)
• Nicolas Schmit, European Commissioner for Jobs and Social Rights
16:45-17:40 Towards the successful implementation of the Child Guarantee Council Recommendation and child poverty reduction in Europe
• Andrea Orlando, Minister of Labour and Welfare, the Government of Italy
• Raluca Turcan, Minister of Labor and Social Protection, the Government of Romania
• Her Excellency Marie Louise Coleiro Preca, President of Eurochild and Representative of the EU Alliance for Investing in Children
• Marta Garcia Fidalgo, Adviser Roma Policy, Directorate-General for Neighbourhood and Enlargement Negotiations, European Commission
17:55-18:00 Closing remarks: Andres Conde, CEO, Save the Children (Spain)