The Adoption and Impact of Digital Tools in Genetic Counseling is a panel discussion featuring Andrew McCarty, MS, CGC, Scott Weissman, MS, CGC, & Amy Taylor, PhD, moderated by Kira Dineen, MS, CGC.
As genetic testing becomes increasingly common, genetic counselors face increasing demand that they struggle to meet due to low numbers of genetic professionals in clinical care. Supplementing genetic counseling practice with digital tools is necessary in order to provide essential services while mitigating burnout, but genetic counselors and genetic departments face significant barriers to adoption.
After the session attendees will:
• Identify the clinical impact of digital tools in genetic departments through examples shared by the panel
• Discover methods of gathering departmental support for digital tool adoption
• Understand techniques that allow genetic counselors and genetic departments to overcome challenges in digital tool adoption
• Panel discussion, 45 mins
• Audience Q & A and small group discussion, 15 mins
Register for free