Visual Studio Code is a streamlined code editor that runs on Windows, Linux, and macOS. Software developers embrace it for a variety of reasons:
- Coding completion capabilities
- Ability to debug right from the editor
- Built-in Git commands for source control
- Growing list of feature extensions
It’s fascinating how VS Code, a free and relatively new code editor by Microsoft, is rapidly taking market share from other top editors and becoming the most popular development environment. Parasoft now offers its C/C++test static analysis extension for VS Code.
With the C/C++test static analysis extension, developers using VS Code can address code compliance to meet standards like MISRA C 2012, AUTOSAR C++ 14, CERT C/C++, and more. You can view analysis results, suppress unwanted violations or noise, and import analysis results generated from your CI pipeline.
Find out how you can ensure adherence to the best practices of these standards to prevent unsafe, insecure, and unreliable code. Join Parasoft for a demonstration on how to perform static analysis using Visual Studio Code.
- Running static analysis within VS Code.
- Viewing and reporting analysis results in VS Code.
- Suppressing coding rule violations within VS Code.
- Importing analysis reports into VS Code.