The Australian Cancer Survivorship Centre (ACSC), based at Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, in partnership with Cancer Council Victoria, Clinical Oncology Society of Australia and the Cancer Nurses Society of Australia is pleased to present this webinar entitled, Supporting Cancer Survivors to Address Fatigue and Weight Problems: Inspiring, Motivating and Guiding for Change.
Speakers / Panellists
• Professor Ray Chan, Director and Professor of Cancer Nursing, Caring Futures Institute, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Flinders University
• Dr David Mizrahi, Chair of COSA’s Exercise and Cancer Executive Committee
• Jane Stewart, Clinical Lead Dietitian, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
• Clem Byard, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Cancer Council Victoria
• Paul Malouf, Consumer representative
The webinar will focus on the role allied health professionals play in providing cancer survivorship care, particularly with the management of fatigue and weight problems.
Facilitated by Prof Ray Chan, this webinar will include a survivor’s experience in cancer survivorship and an interactive panel discussion on the topics of nutrition, exercise, motivational interviewing techniques and referral pathways. This will be followed by a Q&A session.
During the session, participants will:
• understand the perspective of a cancer survivor on making healthy behaviour changes
• increase understanding of the benefits of nutrition and physical activity for cancer survivors to reduce the risk of recurrence and development of new cancers / conditions
• introduce basic principles of motivation, ambivalence and identifying stages of change
• increase knowledge of motivational interviewing skills and resources available in this area
• understand referral pathways and be able to locate evidence-based tools and resources to support specific work with cancer survivors