Wednesday 26th May 2021
19:00 - 20:00
This webinar is for UK Healthcare Professionals only
This webinar will give healthcare professionals a unique insight into the concerns and hesitancy that people from different ethnic groups, living with and without diabetes, have surrounding the covid-19 vaccines in the UK. Our panel will be made up of experts in virology, diabetes, public health, and patient advocates, giving attendees the opportuntity to better understand vaccine hesitancy and gain the skills to address concerns amongst patients.
o Understanding the difference between Vaccine hesitancy vs anti-vaxers -
o Understanding the importance of taking a multi cultural approach to vaccines hesitancy
o Why different ethnic minority groups are hesitant to take up vaccines
o Identifying the socioeconomic barriers to vaccine uptake
o How to communicate with cultural understanding
- Chair - Dr David Strain
- Dr Dush Mital - Consultant Virologist
- Dr Sarah Ali - Consultant, Diabetes & Endocrinology
- Prof Partha Kar OBE - Consultant Endocrinologist, National Speciality Advisor, NHS England
- Dr Mohammad Razai - GP & Academic Clinical Fellow in Primary Care
- Bobby Waris - Patient Representative, South Asian Health Foundation (SAHF)
This webinar has been supported by an independent educational grant from ModernaTx, Inc. ModernaTX has not had input into the webinar content or speaker selection.