Dr. Ugo Iroku will be addressing the causes of and risk factors for pre-cancerous colon polyps as well as the growing and important public health issue of colorectal cancer in the younger population.
We will cover:
1. What are the types of pre-cancerous colon polyps and how can they be detected and removed?
2. What should I know about the increasing risk of colorectal cancer in the younger population (under 50)?
3. How do I know when I should start my screening for colorectal cancer and how frequently should I have this performed?
4. What diet and lifestyle choices have been proven to decrease my risk for colorectal cancer?
5. What are the symptoms of colorectal cancer and how can I distinguish these from more benign causes of stomach discomfort?
Ugo Iroku, MD, MHS
New York Gastroenterology Associates
Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine,
The Mount Sinai Medical Center
Moderator: Janie Yang, MD