What COVID-19 efforts are California lawmakers considering to ensure the health, safety, and longevity of Californians and their communities? What is the impact on nonprofits, and how can we get involved? Amid the COVID-19 crisis, nonprofit advocates are working furiously on many fronts. Join us for a live conversation with leading lawmakers.
We are honored to have three outspoken champions of nonprofits:
- State Senator Holly Mitchell (D-Los Angeles), Chair of the Senate Budget Committee; Chair, Joint Legislative Budget Committee
- Assemblymember Monique Limón (D-Santa Barbara), Chair of the Assembly Select Committee on the Nonprofit Sector
- Assemblymember Luz Rivas (D-Arleta), Member, Assembly Budget Committee
Additional speakers include:
- Jennifer Fearing, Sacramento Advocate for CalNonprofits
- Lucy Salcido Carter, Policy Director for CalNonprofits
This live, informal session will be moderated by Jan Masaoka, CEO of CalNonprofits.
Note: In order to have a candid conversation in a rapidly changing environment, this event will NOT be recorded.