This webinar introduces syringe drivers and their use in palliative care. The procedures for preparing the patient and driver for commencing the infusion are outlined. Finally, a number of troubleshooting tips and the practical applications of syringe driver are covered.
Please note: A competency framework is included with this webinar training. Competency is achieved in the workplace following the webinar. Each procedure needs to be signed off by a qualified, senior member of staff. Acute will not assume any responsibility for such assessments. The completed document can then be used to identify the individuals’ competence.
Skills and knowledge highlighted in this training include
• When to use a syringe driver and it’s benefit
• The risk management issues and the limitations of certain devices
• Care and set up, prime and checking that the syringe driver is ready for use
• Record keeping and documentation of syringe driver use
• The safe administration of drugs via syringe driver devices
• Ethical and legal responsibilities
• Competency framework and theory test