The NHS Long Term Plan was published in January 2019 and set an ambitious course of improvement and reform for the National Health Service in England over the next 5 to 10 years. In this presentation, I will describe how the NHS was able to do this, the investment that will support it, how we are incentivizing our health system to deliver improvements and the new models of service delivery we will use including a move to a digital by default NHS.
Key takeaways from the presentation :
1. The NHS, through a broad and detailed engagement process, has developed a 5-10 year strategy with significant clinical and service user support.
2. The plan will deliver improvements across a broad range of clinical areas including cancer, mental health, CVD. These areas were selected using international benchmarks and clinical consensus.
3. This plan will be delivered by bringing health systems together, through a focus on population health management and coordination between providers. This contrasts with our previous reliance on a split between purchaser/provider responsibilities.
4. The NHS will put the reduction of health inequalities and a more proactive role in ill-health prevention at the center of local strategies to improve outcomes and services. The NHS will also expand its contribution to wider social goals including environmental protection and supporting vibrant communities.
5. Digital solutions will be progressively implemented to transform staff and service users experience of the NHS
- By registering, you submit your information to the International Hospital Federation and provide them your consent to be contacted regarding this webinar.
- After registering you will receive in your email instructions how you can log in to the webinar. If you don't find it in your inbox, please check your Spam/Junk folder as sometimes they end up there.