This course is designed for Health & Social Care professionals who have an existing knowledge of self harm and suicide. It’s purpose is to promote safe and effective techniques when rescuing a person from ligature (hanging).
Assessing risk and the appropriate selection, storage and use of rescue equipment. Ultimately building confidence in staff who care for those at risk of a ligature episode or incident.
Skills and knowledge highlighted in this training include
• Ligature risk assessment and control measures
• Identification of different types of ligatures and ligature points
• Statistics on ligature injuries in care environments
• Signs and symptoms of ligature injuries
• Safe removal of ligature using a range of ligature cutters
• Individual and team rescue
• Safe removal from suspension
• Safe storage of ligature cutters