The public and private sectors mobilized to successfully accelerate development and delivery of the COVID-19 vaccine, but at what cost to anti-virals and other cost-effective life sciences technologies? What lessons should we take away from the COVID experiences -- and the pandemics that we fought before COVID? What steps should we be taking and what tools, policies and practices should we be preparing to better position ourselves to respond to pandemics and other disease outbreaks?
The webinar will feature leading experts from academia, industry and government:
• Kenneth Moch (Moderator), Senior Advisor to the Chairman, Center for Global Health Innovation and Global Health Crisis Coordination Center
• Dr. Christian Bréchot, President, Global Virus Network; Associate Vice President for International Partnerships and Innovation, USF Health Morsani College of Medicine, University of South Florida
• Prof. William Foege, Emeritus Presidential Distinguished Professor of International Health, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University
• Dr. Marie-Paule Kieny, Director of Research, Inserm; Board Chair, Drug for Neglected Diseases Initiative
• Dr. Elliott Levy, Head, INTREPID Alliance; Former Senior Vice President for R&D Strategy and Operations, Amgen