The DPC Spring Forum is a series of 5 FREE, CPD accredited, independently produced webinars that will give you a unique view of what Diabetes Care looks like in 2021.
Early onset of diabetes – a pre-marker for pancreatic cancer?
Wednesday 21 April - 7pm to 8pm
The second webinar in our Pancreas & Diabetes set will focus on the often-overlooked relationship between diabetes and pancreatic cancer. Our expert panel will look at current research and explain the biology and pre-markers that may indicate the presence of pancreatic cancer in patients with early onset diabetes. This webinar will give all members from the diabetes MDT a unique insight into how they can make a difference in their role. A key point will be to look out for a change in bowel habits, which could indicate PEI as a result of the cancer.
- Prof. Michael Cummings (Chair), Consultant Physician, Professor of Diabetes and Endocrinology at Portsmouth NHS Trust
- Dr Sanjeev Sharma, Consultant Endocrinology & Diabetes East Suffolk & North Essex NHSFT
- Susan Mason-Cave, Diabetes Specialist Nurse The Christie NHSFT Manchester
- Dr John Leeds, Consultant Pancreaticobiliary physician, Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHSFT
- Dr Sanjay Pandanaboyana, HPB and Transplant Surgeon Freeman Hospital
- 3/5: Vaccines & Diabetes Care - Understanding the cultural differences of your patients
- 4/5: Diabetes & Stroke - Preventing stroke and maintaining quality of life - the role of primary care as we come out of lockdown
- 5/5: Diabetes and heart failure - a risk worth managing | This is an AstraZeneca promotional sponsored symposia
IMPORTANT: You only need to register once to access the entire series!
Apr 21, 2021 07:00 PM
Time shows in
Apr 28, 2021 07:00 PM
May 5, 2021 07:00 PM
May 12, 2021 07:00 PM