The Arc’s vision is for all people with intellectual and or developmental disabilities to be valued members of their communities, with the opportunity to realize their full potential and a future that is secure. As disability leaders, we know The Arc network:
• is committed to advancing equity in all that we do
• believes we have a responsibility to distribute information and resources in ways that are accessible and understandable to all stakeholders
• wants to break down barriers so that individuals and their families can be heard, counted, supported, and served
• understands that many people are marginalized and face additional forms of discrimination on the basis of other identities, including race, gender identity, age, etc.
• is dedicated to working with other social justice movements so they will be inclusive of disability
The Arc US is interested in learning what your chapter is doing to promote access, equity, and inclusion and how we can support your efforts. Chapter staff and board members, people with IDD, their families and supporters, advocates and your social justice and civil rights partners are welcome to join this town hall listening session to share your insights and recommendations.
Before the session: Think about your answers to these questions.
• What are you doing to promote access, equity, and inclusion?
• How are you supporting your constituents who are also members of the LGBTQIA+ community?
• How are you advancing racial equity?
• How are you diversifying your staff, Board, and your membership?
• How are you supporting your constituents who are multiply marginalized?
• What can The Arc do to support your larger equity initiatives and ongoing activities?
Access Note: This webinar will be captioned and interpreted in American Sign Language (ASL). The session will be recorded and available to view on demand for those who register.