Dr. Jonathan Jagid (Neurosurgeon, University of Miami, FL): Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) for Parkinson's disease and Essential Tremor
Dr. Jonathan Jagid, MD, Associate Professor of Neurological Surgery at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine will be discussing Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) for movement disorders like Parkinson's disease and Essential Tremor.
- What is DBS and how does DBS work?
- DBS therapy outcomes for patients
- What does the Surgical procedure entail?
- What are the different approaches to DBS surgery and how to plan for it as a patient and caregiver?
- Advances in Abbott's DBS technology: Directional DBS and Virtual Clinic Remote Programming Telemedicine
- Question from patients and caregivers
Srivatsan Pallavaram, PhD
DBS Therapy and Education Consultant, Abbott Neuromodulation