NCIA’s #IndustryEssentials webinars are our new weekly educational series featuring a variety of programs allowing us to provide you timely, engaging and essential education when you need it most.
The NCIA Committee Insights series showcases content produced in partnership with one of our 15 member-led committees.
What has taken Illinois so long to announce its first round of Social Equity license winners? When Illinois legalized Adult Use on January 1st of this year, it announced itself as a national leader in the fight for Social Equity. Is it making the impact it set out to in communities Disproportionately Impacted by the War on Drugs? Find out directly from stakeholders in Illinois how the program has or hasn’t been working. How will the failings and successes in Illinois thus far impact other Social Equity programs around the nation?
Members of NCIA’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee and Special Guests from the Chicago Community will be speaking, including:
• Tahir Johnson, Business Development Manager, National Cannabis Industry Association (Moderator)
• Christine de la Rosa, CEO & National Co-Founder, The People’s Dispensary
• Mike Lomuto, Co-Founder, Boost
• Mark Slaugh, Founder, iComply
• Rev. Anibal Vega, Social Equity Partner, The People Dispensary Chicago
• Ron Holmes, Co-Founder, Majority-Minority Group
• Kay Villamin, Co-founder & Creative Marketing Director, Hush Chicago
• Michael Malcolm, Founder & Cannabis Consultant, WTF Media; Social Equity Applicant - Chicago