This course is best run for either care staff or trained staff but not a mixed group as their needs are very different. It is designed for staff new to this field or as a refresher. This should be
viewed as an overview as palliative care is a diverse topic with many factors dependent to the individuals specific needs.
This course allows people to discuss their own feelings and experiences.
Skills and knowledge highlighted in this training include
• Legislation and agreed ways of working
• Communication skills
• Factors affecting end of life care
• Care planning in relation to end of life
• Nutrition and hydration
• Loss and bereavement for the families and the patient
• Available support for the individual and key people
• Consideration of individuals ideals and beliefs
• The last 48hrs of life & support individuals through the process of dying
• Managing and dealing with their own feelings/staff support
• For trained staff this course also includes the basics of pain/symptom control along with some of the common drugs/treatments used
Webinar sessions may be recorded for training and monitoring/evaluation purposes. Acute Training Solutions Limited (Acute) reserve the right to use any session in full or part in the future.
The webinar session will not record any video footage of the attendees, it will only record audio. Any reference to an attendee will be by name only, no other data will be used to identify any individuals other than an employee or representative of Acute.
Please advise an Acute representative at the time of booking if you do not agree for you or your colleagues for whom the session has been booked, to be recorded and this function will be
Acute also reserve the right to delete any webinar recordings at any time.