This webinar is designed for carers and RGN’s who may need to update their skill and knowledge on the topics of pressure area care and tissue viability (prevention and management of wounds) including aspects of skin and soft tissue wounds.
The webinar considers measures to prevent pressure area wound development, the different types of pressure area wounds and best practise when managing wounds.
Skills and knowledge highlighted in this training include
• The anatomy and physiology of the skin
• Definition and grading of pressure ulcers
• Discover how the blanch test can detect early signs of skin damage and skin inspection
• Identify those at greater risk of developing pressure ulcers
• Describe common sites for pressure ulcers to develop
• How to follow the agreed care plan
• Materials, equipment and resources available to prevent and relieve pressure
• How to apply standards and precautions of infection control
• Understand the risk factor for pressure ulcers
• Differentiate between pressure, shear and friction forces
• Outline the role nutritional plays in the treatment and prevention of skin damage
• Examine the latest ways of cleaning skin to avoid damage
• Factors delaying the healing process
Webinar sessions may be recorded for training and monitoring/evaluation purposes. Acute Training Solutions Limited (Acute) reserve the right to use any session in full or part in the future.
The webinar session will not record any video footage of the attendees, it will only record audio. Any reference to an attendee will be by name only, no other data will be used to identify any individuals other than an employee or representative of Acute.
Please advise an Acute representative at the time of booking if you do not agree for you or your colleagues for whom the session has been booked, to be recorded and this function will be switched off.
Acute also reserve the right to delete any webinar recordings at any time.