The government is expected to boost spending in the next fiscal year 2021-22. Its efforts in making India self-reliant through Atmanir bhar Bharat will need encouragement. Infrastructure, arguably the mainstay of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government, could see a heightened push. However, there are chances that the Centre’s effort may face roadblocks due to the states’ limited capacity to spend. A higher spending in the budget due in February will lay the foundations for even stronger growth in the next four to five years, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had recently said. FM Sitharaman had suggested the government could open purse strings in the months ahead to boost the growth rate.
On these grounds, FIRST Construction Council is launching the CW Budget 2021. The webinar is to be held on 2nd February, 2021 from 03:00 PM to 04:30 PM and will host Industry leaders for an analytical discussion on budget announcements.
· Mr Pratap Padode, Editor-in-Chief, Construction World
· Mr D. K. Sen, Director, L&T
· Mr Pradeep Singh, Former Vice Chairman & MD, IDFC Projects
· Mr Sandeep Singh, MD, Tata Hitachi
· Mr Deepto Roy, Partner, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co
· Mr Sumit Banerjee, Former MD & CEO, ACC Ltd
· Mr Hemal Mehta, Partner, Deloitte India