Suki Thompson will be joined by Neil Caldicott, Director of audiences, brand and communication at Which? and Neil Henderson, CEO of St Luke’s, to discuss how and why companies are prioritising the urgency around sustainability, and how best to avoid the greenwash trap.
Sustainability is a major priority for brands right now. But with so much complexity surrounding the issue, how do brands navigate the greenwashing trap as they look for ways to reduce their environmental impact and drive preference with increasingly environmentally aware consumers? How can agencies optimise the performance of brands as consumers become more demanding, and what responsibility do agencies have to look at their own supply chain?
The conversation will look at:
• Getting your own house in order vs overclaim
• How can a brand authentically build itself and be sustainable? Complexity and simplicity the communication conundrum
• Industry commitment and what agencies are doing (Ad Net Zero and the Carbon Calculator)
• How do you make sustainability a more important driver of choice for consumers; the role of fear, education, legislation and inspiration
• Does sustainability have to cost more?