BBC Radio & Music announced last week that it would commit £12m towards “diverse and inclusive content”. Facebook, meanwhile, has pledged to tie improving employee diversity to executive performance reviews.
All good news. And great intent, yet programmes designed to increase diversity and inclusion often fail. Which leads to a natural question: what’s actually working?
So, we’re delighted that on Friday 31 July @11am, we’ll be welcoming Magnus Djaba, Global President for Saatchi & Saatchi and Harriet Hounsell, former Head of People for McDonald's, M&S and John Lewis, to join our coffee morning, as we ask “D&I policies: what works?”
As always, conversation will be chaired by Suki Thompson and will cover:
- What does belonging look like in the workplace? How have companies moved to make this front and centre of culture?
- How do you shift from awareness to action?
- How do you handle the power of technology: tech offers up potential to increase efficiently, but some argue, it also exacerbates group-based inequalities by race, gender etc
- How do you create scalable, sustainable inclusion?
- What are the success metrics measurement of D&I practices?
- How can we use our collective industry influence to create action?