Alan M Hirahara, MD, FRCSC
Alberto J Panero, DO
Kyle Yamashiro, DPT
Time: 6:00 PM (Pacific Time)
Round 1 - The Questions
1) What’s more important – the stem cell or the platelet?
2) Is Anti-inflammation or Pro-inflammation preferable in healing?
3) Do NSAID’s help or hurt the healing process?
4) For tendonopathy, is injecting regionally or specifically better? (Shotgun vs Sniper Rifle)
5) Can I use lidocaine, cortisone, or HA with OrthoBiologics?
6) Are OrthoBiologics still experimental and investigational?
Round 2 - Fact or Fiction
1) Stem cells are found in the blood.
2) Rehabilitation does NOT matter in biologics!
3) Stem cell injections can regrow articular cartilage!
4) OrthoBiologics will make me heal better, stronger, faster!
5) Autografts are NOT necessary; Allografts (i.e. amnion) have stem cells!
6) OrthoBiologics do NOT work in the elderly!
7) I can bill insurance companies for OrthoBiologics.
Discussion / Q & A
How to incorporate OrthoBiologics into your practice?