Cameron Bagrie is joining us to talk about the economy then and post COVID-19 with a view on the financial services sector.
After a very successful webinar back in April in the heart of lockdown, we are excited to have him joining us again to talk about numerous topics that we all been thinking about post lockdown, and our economy.
Cameron has been an economist for 20 years. For over 11 years he was the Chief Economist at ANZ, heading a team that was consistently ranked No. 1 for its analysis of the New Zealand economy. He has a reputation for taking a forthright stand on even the hardest of economic issues. He’s worked as an economist at the National Bank, Treasury and Statistics New Zealand. His approach to economics is pragmatic and non-ideological.
In the webinar Cameron will be discussing:
– The bad, the good and the potentially ugly on GDP, coming out of lockdown early & COVID-19.
– The alphabets of a recovery – Are we now looking at a W? We’ve done well but others are not.
– Falling of Interest rates – how low can they go? Are negative interest rates really on offer?
– The economic cost of supporting the economy today – What about the taxpayers and next generation who will have to deal with all the debt?
– Globalisation – why its potential unwind really matters
If you register early you will be sent an email with the link to the webinar.