Join us for a free webinar as leading experts give you exclusive insights on 'Stranded Assets and Stranded Liabilities: The Cost of Retiring Long-Lived Oil and Gas Infrastructure and The Financial Solutions Available'
You Will Learn:
- How assets that become stranded accelerate associated retirement costs, in certain cases exceeding company and industry resources
- How companies are not being transparent about valuation assumptions and how you can augment disclosed information
- How regulatory demand for liability financial assurance is adding production cost burden and quickening the pace that assets are becoming stranded
Understand the financial solutions to the stranded liabilities risk, including decommissioning bonds and other funding solutions.
- General introduction on alternatives
- Main benefits of prefunding;
- Comparing liquid (cash allocation/bond issuance) to illiquid (transfer of companies’ real assets to a decommissioning vehicle) solutions
- Key metrics and standards used in ESG space to factor in liability risks
Shadia Nasralla, Oil & Gas correspondent on the energy desk, Reuters
Nathalie Wallace, Global Head ESG Investment Strategy, State Street Global Advisors
Greg Rogers, Senior Advisor, Carbon Tracker
Julien Halfon, Head of Pension and Corporate Solutions, BNPP AM
Chrysta Castañeda, Lawyer and Candidate Standing for Texas Railroad Commission
*RECORDINGS will be made available for all registrants!
This webinar is part of the Reuters Events ESG Investment Europe and North America Virtual Summit 2020. Four days of exclusive strategic ESG insights - through registration to this webinar you gain free access to the summit of your region!