The Angolan agricultural sector faces many barriers to be overcome, but it also holds enormous potential. As the country's population continues to grow, higher efforts and innovation will be urgently needed in order to sustainably increase crop yields, build storage and process capacity, actively participate in the global supply chain, decrease food losses and waste, as well as ensure access to nutritious food.
This leaves us with three key questions on how to:
1) Drive local value addition and reduction of poverty;
2) Achieve economic sustainability;
3) Attract private and public capital into Angola agriculture financing.
• Jessica Hand – HM Ambassador to Angola
• Antonio Henriques da Silva – Chairman of Angolan Agency for Private Investment and Promotion for Exports (AIPEX)
• Jehiel Oliver – Appointed Obama Administration as a member of the President’s Advisory Council on Doing Business in Africa, & CEO of Hello Tractor
• Barbora Hladka - FAO agribusinesses regional expert
• Henda Inglês - CEO of Banco de Desenvolvimento de Angola
• Chris Masters – Founder of AgroPortal
• Sami Khan, sector strategist for the Food & Agri sector, CDC Group PLC
• Lilian Sousa, Co-Founder of ASC, Moderator