Do you know if this fiscal update was shared with NH Business Administrators? NHASBO?
Thanks so much!
Is it being interpreted that “written consent” means a physical signature?
“written consent” = signature? Is there any other wording in the statutes? Wouldn’t a email consent work?
Not for eligibility?
Can you send us this powerpoint ASAP
Does a statement from a parent in an email suffice as an electronic signature?
So emails are not sufficient? We need a program to allow for electronic signature…?
Good question - that is what we have been doing
I am also curious about emails. Looks like most people have had to use that.
Electronic signatures does not equate to email consent….just clarifying?
My undersanding is that DocuSign is $40 per user per month. Is that a cost recommended to Distrcts?
Will there be reimbursement to districts for purchasing an electronic signature format?
Also, if we get the program such as docu-sign is it easily accessible by parents as well. We need to make sure this works for parents as well.
If there is a fiscal impact for districts, could you also make sure this part of the presentation is also sent to Business Admins?
We are using email while waiting for US mail and docs to come back so we start services etc.
DocuSign is quite simple to use, as well.
So given the time lag, and we have used email consent should we use a belated written signature sent by mail after the fact?
So, for the meetings that we've had up to this date...will we need to go back and attain electronic signatures?
Most districts have been using consents via email for the past several weeks. Going back and asking for another signature does support equity in our communittee - our families are not all tech savy
So we have to have parents go back? Will this affect signature date (for Sped aid and so on)
Will there be a dated guidance for us to reference moving forward? Any waiver for the past few weeks where we had no guidance at that time for email consent?
So are we going back for electronic signatures or just moving forward
If parents sign in ink on paper forms sent to them and then scan them back to us, is that sufficient?
Could use CARES monies I assume.
Would you consider a grace period since we are getting this guidance a month after remote learning? Perhaps for one month of emailed signatures?
I’m unclear on how to use grant funds. In the past we need to get activities in advance. So how will we get reimbursement for things we have had to do to get through this.
I think it is unreasonable to go back previous decisions. I will move forward but I think it is unreasonable to ask to go back before this decision was made, given that it was belated guidance. I am glad you are going to take it into consideration.
We don't have to do electronic signatures right? We can still snail mail documents and get in hand signatures right?
Has the Department received request/recommendations from NHASEA / DrummondWoodsum on require signatures?
if folks do not have grant dollars to purchase such electronic signatures plus now are facing frozen budgets due to economic times, could this be considered an an “unfunded mandate”. Any chance that DOE funds would/could be available?
Can you discuss ESY at some point? Need guidance
My question about the use of grant funds: in general we need pre approval of activities
Kim Di Salvo
Adobe sign is free right now for 90 days
We need an answer on ESY earlier than end of May. It takes a lot of time to plan programs and secure staff.
May is way too late to staff and plan for ESY
What do you mean about options with ESY? in-person vs remote?
ESY takes a lot of planning, if we don't have guidance until late MAY, this does not leave appropriate time to staff and plan.
End of May is going to put districts in a scramble to get IEPs amended and staff in place
Waiting until May for ESY is challenging- we need staffing, we need to have many IEP team meetings to discuss compensatory possibilities, we will not necessarily be able to pull ESY together if no answer until May. We usually have staff hired by end of April
I appreciate asking for an earlier decision for ESY. The end of May is very late as ESY staff has to be secured by then
We also do not currently have a budget bc of no town meeting…. ESY is a priority to figure out.
Planning like we will have ESY and will change if needed later. Not waiting on the Govenor's announcement to get ready.
Do you anticipate getting an answer on IDEA end date for 2018-2019 grant? I'm in the process of rewriting my grant.
We typically have started planning for ESY by 4/1 - so end of May is going to be extremely difficult
Could you explain what role the Governor has in ESY decisions?
Can you speak a little about the GAP calculation of contracted services paid for (contracts) and if the support hours are less than contracted hours? And it's connection to CARES $.
If buildings remain closed for ESY in response to Governor’s orders, are we supposed to be planning remote ESY as school year?
Districts are being asked to submit an estimate of cover related expenses by tomorrow I believe. It is for anticipated expenses through May 4th I believe. My question though is related to competition ed. Comp ed during the summer is an expense incurred from the school losing through May 4, so should I be included my anticipated expenses for comp ed in that document. My assumption is that the governor is trying to get a sense of how much extra districts are expending because of the closure.
If general ed finishes sooner will continued services by provide providers for those students enrolled their programs “count” toward comp ed?
Especially with some districts ending the year June 5th, ESY could start in the second or third week of June- need more time than May.
Would it be appropriate to poll the directors to see what concerns, questions, comments they might have related to their thoughts on would it be best practice to open the buildings for ESY?
Thank you so much!
I suspect there will be a challenge to “unfunded mandate” without DOE funding for electronic signatures (could DOE makes arrangements for Adobe will agree to cover all NH districts’ needs?)
Wondering if we also need to be considering add’l custodial support for ESY if the buildings are open at all....
Not an expense we usually incur
Do you have any further guidance on a student with an IEP who is chronically absent from remote services?
To follow up on Jen’s question, if our in district providers continue to provide services after schools close early, but through the June 15th day we were slated to get out of school could that time be counted towards compensatory ed?
Whatever you do for students should be individually considered. It is about progress and regression not compensatory ed. We should not be looking for group guidance.
Thank you for clarifying the DOE may release additional grant dollars as many districts use their IDEA dollars for positions without discretionary dollars for purchasing the electronic signatures. Tx Becky
If we are looking at regression for students with comp ed, how can we determine this if the schools are not running back as usual?
I want to thank you for taking all our questions on the fly!
The DRC and PIC zoom meeting recommended that students could begin receiving comp ed services before schools open, and recommended extended school day programs for comp ed. It seems to be an assumption that all students will be eligible for comp ed, which doesn't seem fair when we all know that all students are impacted.
Kim Di Salvo
Not all students ae regressing. Student previously in refusal have been better online
Agree - we have students doing much better with remote service provision
Sister Mary Agnes Dombroski
We do too!
Do you have any guidance around out of district students in Massachusetts? Our Ma. students did not start with remote learning. Had billing questions.
If students are chronically absent during remote instruction, how does this impact the expectation to provide make up sessions/compensatory services?
Same here for Mass...
Shelly, I agree districts are trying to figure out “refusal” of remote learning and impact on “make up”/comp ed services. This is even more challenging with out of state programs
I feel like if the district offered services and did not attend remotely as a choice, not a connectivity issue, that it is more a refusal of services. They may still need ESY for their FAPE, but not comp ed.
Given this is a national issue, has OSEP offered any guidance as yet?
Isn't there little guidance because legislature is on recess?
Thank you for managing the barage..
You’re a trooper Becky Fredette!
Sister Mary Agnes Dombroski