Join Travel Oregon and Oregon’s professional tour operators, guides and outfitters on Tuesday, August 4 for our online forum: “Keeping You and Your Employees Safe While Offering Tours and Services.” The forum will start with a succinct technical education session followed by questions and small group breakout discussions.
Our speaker, Fabio Raimo de Oliveira, from Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA), will cover effective approaches specific to COVID-19 for sanitation, operations, and guest communication. The information will be broken into the following categories:
- Context, technical, and ethical decisions: when and how to operate.
- ATTA Adventure Travel COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines.
- Risk assessment and management plans, including ”aggressive” communication and consent.
Following the technical presentation, participants will talk in small virtual groups to discuss how to integrate the ideas shared in the presentation and explore with industry partners what protocols are and are not currently working.
The forum’s intended outcomes include:
- Receive technical guidance on how tourism-based tour, guide and outfitting businesses can safely operate during COVID-19.
- Share and hear about business experiences in Oregon while seeking input from industry peers.
- Meet and network with industry peers to support a more collaborative industry in Oregon.
This forum is part of a short series of Tour Operator, Guide & Outfitter Online Forums being developed and hosted by Travel Oregon. Visit our industry website to learn more about this series and other resources for your business.