The Renfrew Center of Philadelphia - Spring Lane, PA and Coconut Creek, FL are offering a virtual support group for alumni of our residential program as they move forward in their recovery.
Participants in this online group will:
-Discuss the unique challenges faced by those in eating disorder recovery after leaving residential treatment.
-Receive take-away tips to navigate relationships and prioritize self-care in the home environment.
-Review and practice the skills needed to cope with emotions in adaptive ways.
By registering for this support group, you agree to:
1. Help create a safe, non-judgmental, supportive, and respectful space for all group members.
2. Honor the confidentiality of all group attendees.
3. Respect the boundaries of the group by arriving on time and staying until the end.
4. Turn off all distractions and be present in the moment while others are speaking.
5. Actively listen when others are speaking without interrupting them.
6. Allow everyone an opportunity to share.
7. Express your thoughts and feelings by using “I” statements.
8. Refrain from triggering or inappropriate topics, such as calories, meal plans and weight.
9. Be considerate and sensitive to other group members by not glorifying or sharing the unnecessary details of any dangerous, traumatic or provocative experiences.
10. This support group aligns with Renfrew’s approach to treatment and recovery, including the beliefs that “all foods fit” and “all bodies are good bodies”. Please do not attend this support group to discuss or seek support for the intentional pursuit of weight loss, dieting, or any other strategy intended to manipulate the shape or size or size of the body.