Join us for a special 3-part summer virtual visit with some of the amazing communities and personalities of the Negev desert town of Yeroham. Modern Yeruham was founded on 9 January 1951 as Kfar Yeruham (Hebrew: כְּפַר יְרֻחָם) and was one of Israel's first development towns, created to settle frontier areas in the early days of the state. It was located near the Large Makhtesh, an area thought at the time to be rich with natural resources. The first influx of olim (Jewish immigrants) came from Romania, many of them Holocaust survivors, followed by immigrants from North Africa, Persia, India and elsewhere, who make up the majority of the town's population. Since autumn 1990, Yeruham has actively been involved in absorbing hundreds of olim from the Former USSR, who came to comprise 25% of the town's nearly 10,000 residents.