Wisconsin is one of the key states that will decide the outcome of the 2020 Presidential election. We’re all going to be feeling a variety of emotions the day after the election, especially since President Trump is unpredictable. Will he try to claim a victory before all the votes are counted? Will he leave the White House peacefully if he is voted out? What if Trump wins the election?
No matter who wins the Presidential election on November 3rd, we’ll have to continue the movement for racial, socio-economic and environmental justice here in Wisconsin. Racism, sexism, xenophobia and all forms of hate and greed existed before Trump and they'll continue once he's out of office.
There will be demonstrations throughout the state on November 4th demanding to defund the police, abolish ICE, enact Medicare for All, cut the military budget and other life-saving policies. To support these efforts, we are hosting an online event with the following goals:
1. Share information related to demonstrations happening throughout Wisconsin for those who'd like to attend.
2. Livestream demonstrations happening across the state.
3. Provide a call-in time to express solidarity with demonstrators for supporters who cannot attend in person.
4. Provide a call-in time for Wisconsinites to give their reactions and reflections to election happenings.
5. Provide post-election analysis from community leaders, local candidates, elected officials and progressive thinkers on what’s next and how to get involved.
Please keep in mind that due to the uncertain nature of the election, the current President and his followers, we'll all be reacting to whatever will happen in real time and should remember to be flexible and gentle with ourselves and each other.
If you haven't already, please complete the guest speaker form here: https://tinyurl.com/speakonnovemberfourth.