Hundreds of business travel professionals have found themselves out of work due to corporate downsizing in the wake of coronavirus. As these men and women look for the next opportunity, is there room in the new normal for so many new start-ups, and if so, where?
-Dave Clare, The Business Travel Network (runs BTA Cares programme)
-Thomas Mielke, AETHOS Consulting Group (executive search/coaching)
-Claire French, ex-Avis Budget (current looking for new opportunities)
-Mark Harris, Travel Intelligence Network (Moderator)
• Is lockdown related company down-sizing temporary or permanent?
• Is the focus on culling sales & marketing jobs short sighted?
• How will shrinking workforces impact:-
o Company strategy (employer)
• How will employers plug the knowledge gaps?
• More start-ups, more consultants – is there room for everyone?
• Where are the opportunities for newly redundant corporate travel professionals?
• What advice do you have for anyone who now finds themselves redundant?